Al possesses both a passion for helping others and an understanding of how to guide and motivate individuals to achieve greater academic, career, and personal success. His experience includes 40 years as a higher education administrator, career counselor, lecturer, author, public speaker and entrepreneur.
- Founder/Executive Director, Life Decisions Group,LLC
- President, Partners for Cultures of Student Success,Inc., a 501(c)(3) Corporation
- Creator and Coordinator of Stay in to Win, a student success and dropout prevention program of the National Association of Basketball Coaches
- Co-Author, It’s Your Decision, A Commonsense Guide to Making Better Choices and It’s Your Decision for Teens, A Commonsense Guide to Making Better Choices.
- Co-author of the 9 Keys to Be life Ready book.
- Creator of Be Life Ready® initiative and author of Keys to Be Life Ready® Guidebook
- Columnist for Parent News magazine featuring student success topics
- Certified Professional Life Coach, Life Coach Institute of Orange County
- Gannett Media Education, Guest Curriculum Writer on decision-making for middle school and high school youth
- County College of Morris, 32 years, Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education, Director for 19 years
- Taught “Career Development: Theory and Practice” Psychology Course, 22 years
- Past President, National Cooperative Education and Internship Association and Recipient, Dean Herman Schneider Award for leadership
- Past President, Mid Atlantic Career Counselors Association and Recipient, Lifetime Membership Award for contributions to the field of career development
- Project Director, nationally-recognized School-to-Work Consortium (36 secondary and vocational school and college members)
- Presenter and featured speaker at more than 80 regional and national conferences